Essex House Medical Centre
IMPORTANT – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Following advice from NHS England and Public Health England, we have taken the decision to temporarily change our appointment booking system.
If you suspect that you may have coronavirus, have a temperature or develop a cough DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY
We have suspended future appointment bookings to ensure that we are prepared.
- If you have an appointment already booked you may receive a phone call or a text message with instructions regarding your appointment.
- If you do feel that you need to be seen, you will be asked additional questions before an appointment is made for you
- Please do not be alarmed if when visiting the surgery, clinicians and staff are wearing a face mask, this is only a precaution.
- If you do not wish to attend the surgery for an appointment which you have already booked, please contact reception to either cancel the appointment or to change it to a telephone consultation.
- If you do require and URGENT appointment, a clinician will contact you first to discuss your symptoms. This is to ensure that you will not be compromised should you visit the surgery.
Please be assured that a face-to-face appointment will be made for you if you do need to be seen.
This decision is to protect our most vulnerable patients.
We do not have any way for testing for the virus at the surgery.
Should someone with the virus attend then we would have to close the entire surgery.
If you would like more information regarding Corona Virus (Covid-19) please visit the NHS 111 Page
Use the new NHS App - www.nhs.uk/nhsapp to book your appointment online.
If you are already registered you can continue to use https://www.patientaccess.com/ or you can move over to the new NHS app www.nhs.uk/nhsapp using your current log in details.
You can book appointments with your GP, Our Urgent Care Practitioner and Routine Blood Appointments.
Our appointment line is 65046, and opens at 8.00am.
When you ring our appointment system you will be greeted by a recorded message from Dr Denner. This message states that ‘In order to help your doctor manage your request safely and appropriately you will be asked by the receptionist to give a brief outline of the reason for your appointment’ This is to make sure we book you in to the appropriate clinic.
We offer a mix of pre-booked and ‘on the day’ appointments.
The core times for consultations are 8.30am – 12.00 pm and 3.30 – 5.00pm Mon- Fri.
We offer pre-booked appointments up to 4 weeks in advance and late surgeries for those who cannot attend during normal working hours.
The practice offers additional appointments under Somerset’s Improved Access Scheme
We are open every alternate Weds & Thursday until 8.00pm and 9 Friday evening /Saturday mornings a year offering a mix of GP & Nurse appointments.
We have a dedicated emergency line to help us deal with urgent requests for help. Please ring 63101. The doctor may advise you to ring 999 if the problem needs immediate attention. This line is open at the following times:-
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.00am – 6.30pm
Thursday 8.00am – 1.00pm & 3.00pm – 6.30pm